The site is located in Lawrenceville, an old industrial area of Pittsburgh. The existing 4 story 20,000 s.f. brick building was a old office and facility for an underground steam engine manufacturer from the early 1900’s. With the new 21,000 s.f. addition, the project maximizes the property to convert the building and adjacent lot into 34 luxury apartment units over parking. The new architecture takes a new look from the existing building yet draws inspiration from neighboring industrial buildings.