On top of a hillside with views towards downtown Pittsburgh in a moderate working class neighborhood, the project was a former 1936 4 story brick and stone Junior High School. Deemed historical for the area, the building was to undergo major interior renovation maintaining the exterior, corridors and large interior common areas. The building was to receive 67 residential units in the former classrooms, a new fitness facility in the old gymnasium, a new entrance canopy, and new A.D.A. ramp and entrance off the existing parking lot. Due to the elevation difference, a large monumental stair and ramp was required on the exterior with a bridge that traversed through a previous auditorium space. With the old historical architecture to stay mostly intact, the new architecture takes a dynamic different look to address the new building’s use and clientele.